View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 03:36 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
It's not false. This is not a rip on the fans, it's on the media. The Flyers beat writers are a complete joke. Even their "hockey guys" like Morganti and Macnow know very little about hockey when push comes to shove. If you listen to either sports talk station, there is VERY little talk about the Flyers and when there is it's usually misinformed and shallow. For as passionate as the Flyers fans are in Philly, the media doesn't measure up. Flyers fans are very knowledgeable and can see through the phony media coverage in Philly.
I agree the media can be a total joke but not for a lack of coverage, like at all. And to say that the Sixers get more coverage is just flat out wrong so at worst the Flyers are behind the Phillies and Eagles but the level of coverage in this town is insane so it's still more then the Caps get, It's really not a competition. Also Morganti is pretty knowledgeable but in general the radio scene in Philly is bad but who really cares about radio? Regardless the TV coverage is top notch. The Flyers even have a regularly airing show called the "Orangle Line" on CSN.

Again I agree that the radio talk shows in this area and a bunch of the writers in the area are a joke but there is plenty of quality coverage.

To OP, I really wish you knew more about hockey cause all you'd have to do is look at the current lineups to know which one to chose and that's without all the historic stuff (city of Philadelphia itself as well as the team).

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 07-08-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Typo
FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote