View Single Post
Old
10-26-2006, 05:33 PM
GSK*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
It's tempting to say both Meszaors and Wolski, but I have no complaints about having taken Chipchura. It's kind of similar to the Price pick. We still see all kinds of threads asking whether it should've been Staal, Bourdon, Brule or now Kopitar. Maybe either pick could've been better from today's perspective, but in the final analysis, the Habs in both cases got a solid player with good talent.

I tend to think that 1st rounders should always be solid picks. If I had to choose, I'd rather have guaranteed NHL contributors instead of a homerun and a bunch of misses. As turnbuckle likes to point out, the Habs have done very well in this regard over the past 4-5 years with their 1st-3rd rounders.
I agree... Except for the the 2003 NHL Draft... In the second round, pick a guy like Cory UrquWhat? over a homer guy like Patrice Bergeron... Or even Patrick O'Sullivan who was higher then that...

I know we can't always know wich players will be good...But Urquwhat? was a nowhere and he's now going nowhere... We get him in the second over Bergeron, O'Sullivan, Shea Weber, Dan Fritsche, Matt Carle and Josh Hennessy... We choose Lapierre in deep of that second round...

I think that was clearly a Timmins (and cie) fault to not take those guys and even more Bergeron and Hennessy both was playing in the Q...

I think after that the Habs add 1 more scout in the Q for us.. I'm right?

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote