View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 04:40 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I pretty much agree with you about the contract. I remember Panger (I think) said on the panel earlier this year "...and 20 goals a season is a lot of goals."

However, Bernier adds competition to a crease that needs it now. Worst case scenario is they both play up to their potential, one of them gets traded for a more significant return than Frattin, Scrivens + 2nd, which isn't really that much to begin with. For example, I'd take a 9th overall pick over that package. Bernier simply wasn't getting the games in LA to have a pedigree like Schneider has.
I just don't see it with Bernier that is all. Schneider had it all, the mentality, athleticism, and to me what is most important for goalies these days, SIZE.

Bernier is 5'11" at best and I don't believe he has the frame to handle the rigors of the position.

I also think the competition will be bad for the team. I think it has potential to split the dressing room and as the cliche goes, when you have a 1A and 1B, it usually means you don't have a true #1.