View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 04:42 PM
sa cyred
No Tanking for Hisch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I think the health (or lack thereof) will be more of a determining factor on whether or not we are a top 10 or bottom 10 team

I think the off season has gone about as well as it could have. We didn't make any major lineup changes (other than Bryz) and we addressed areas of need (streit, VL and Razor) while being able to keep even Meszaros who, if finally healthy, makes our defense much better (personally if he's healthy the entire season I'd take Mesz over Grossman). Timonen is a #1, Coburn a #2, Schenn a #2/3, Meszaros a #3/4, Gus a #3-#5, Streit a #4/5 (depending upon how much workload he can handle) and Grossman a #5/6. We may not be as strong as many teams but that's far from a "BAD" defense.

Now all we have to do is to get our forwards to play more defensively responsible, lol. THAT alone would make our defense and net minding look much better.
Mez isn't a 3/4. Bill M posted an article about it. Mez has performed his worse hockey when used in the top 4. As a 5/6 he plays very well. This is the same not only as a Flyer but when he was in OTT and TBL. When playing against top opponents Mez struggles both offensively and defensively. I don't consider him better than Grossmann at all, who plays the top opponents ALOT more then Mez does for good reasons.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote