Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Wild sign Matt Cooke (3 years, $2.5MM AAV)
View Single Post
07-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Who do you play for?
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DocAzura View Post
Let’s talk about his off ice personality for a moment…

I can’t remember ever hearing of a player confronting a senior citizen after a game, because he didn’t like what he said about him, can you?

But you’re right, who am I to judge.

Personally, I’m glad my dad never INTENTIONALLY ruined someone’s life for nothing.

But that’s just me.
This post is very comical. Do you realize that the hit Cooke put on Savard was LEGAL at the time? The exact same hit the Richards put on Booth just a couple weeks prior. The is a difference in trying to ring someone's bell, and trying to ruin his career. It's not like he said to himself "here's my chance to knock Savard out of the league". It was probably more like "I'm in position to lay a big hit, and that's what I get paid to do".

The fact that you brought your Dad into the argument was the best part. I'm pretty sure that he wasn't a pro hockey player getting paid millions to hit people. What does he do for a living? Accountant maybe? I don't think he makes nearly as much as Cooke, and pretty sure hitting people isn't in his job description.