View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 07:14 PM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
dont want to hijack this thread.

im fond of russian players but i also love swedes. maybe thats cause im half swede and half russian....

anyway, mcilrath is a ny ranger prospect now and tarasenko is playing and scoring for the blues. makes no sense to pretend otherwise.

mcilrath at #10 was a huge reach and imo, a mistake. he is what he is and what he is, to me anyway, is a fighter/physical dman who can maybe play 3rd pair minutes sometime next season and as long as he doesnt have to match up against top 6 forwards, he can maybe have a decent career. hes just not a top 4 dman as long as his skating is average.

saying hes a "great" skater is just silly. anyone who has eyes knows this is not true.

i would like to officially request he change his name to something ending in OV. just sayin...
yes we shouldve went with Tarsenko but to say hes prob a 3rd liner is rediculous as half of you fans thinking callahan is a 3rd liner and stepan shouldve been traded for scraps the first 10 games of this past season...

McIrath was highly touted by many teams (dallas behind us, calgary and others).. he wasn't a reach, maybe not the best available but still a top prospect in the draft.. Dman also develop slower then fwds.. only time will tell still way to early to write him off and degrade him as a 3rd pairing dman..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote