dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Hello all the great people in Sarnia!
Hope you are all well
What an intriguing summer.
I know the Sting have lost a lot of firepower, but I am excited to see how Nikolay Goldobin plays in year 2, after being one of the best surprises last season.
Did he play much with Daniel Nikandrov?
I gather that the latter was more of a 2 way player?

Nikita Korestelev is another player I am very keen to learn about, having read in his OHL draft bio, that the kid has a truly wicked shot.
Has he skated in Sarnia yet? Has anyone saw him?
What are we speculating in year 1?

Then there`s the kid Anthony DeAngelo,who seems to have been there ages, and produced a bagfull of helpers last year, and gosh the team has some big "rigs" on the Roster...
Goldobin was a hell of a find for the Sting (thanks Larionov) so hopefully Kodola can produce half as much as Nicolay did.

Nikandrov was used in a secondary scoring role but wasn't part of the six or so that the coaching staff turned too. He was certainly an important part of defensive situations but I expect Letowski to provide him with more offensive minutes.

I was able to watch Nikita Korostelev several times in Toronto this season and he certainly was a great value pick at 9th overall for Sarnia. He possesses a VERY good shooting arsenal and his one-on-one skills are fyb as well, as he owns good hands. He played parts of the year injured so his production was somewhat inconsistent but he does have the potential to become a great pick for Sarnia. The biggest plus with Korostelev is that he is ready to play big minutes and on a young Sarnia team, he should soak up lots of offensive time.

DeAngelo has been and always will be fun (and nerve racking, at times) to watch. It will be interesting to see how he plays with Letowski at the helm. He should be competing for one of the top scoring defensemen in the OHL.