Old
07-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
I'm heading to Toronto in a couple of weeks and I was seeing if they have anything going on at the Hockey Hall of Fame.

There is 'Summer Fan Days' where every team gets one day and there's a discount if you show up that day wearing that team's attire. Also you get a free hockey card of the team's captain.

I was curious who'd they have as the CBJ 'captain' and it is Derek Dorsett. I realize he was alternate captain occasionally, but it seemed like a strange choice when he left at the trade deadline (I understand why Alfie, Streit and Lecavalier are there), he was hurt most of the season and probably only wore the A a handful of times (can't remember how many) last year. Very surprised it wasn't Prospal, JJ, Dubi or even Umberger.

Here's the link:
http://www.hhof.com/htmlNewsPromo/promoNHLFanDays.shtml

Anyways, I just found it an interesting tidbit....that is all.

Edit: Just looked at it closer. They don't have Iginla for Calgary and he was gone at trade deadline, too. Weird - did they not actually ask someone who it should be for the CBJ? No respect...
It should have been Prospal.... RJ blew it last season dreaming of the many ways he was going to spend all the money he was given before earning it...