View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 10:56 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Jérôme, great list as usual. I'm surprised you don't have Leblanc or one of the Sherbrooke 96 born Ds on that list. If Leblanc bulks up, I could see him go mid-second round. Anyway, that Euro draft just made the 2014 Q crop significantly better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
I also liked a lot Olivier Leblanc. Everytimes I saw him, he had poise with and without the puck. He was confident like a veteran. He is a very smooth skater, imo. I think he can become a very good two-way d-man. We'll see next season, I'm pretty sure that he will be drafted in the first four rounds.
I could have put him instead of MacIntyre as my #8, love his two way game and also can play a physical game. but size is my issue with him right now, played last year at about 160-165lbs. if he get bigger he could be a riser out of the QMJHL.

Neil & Deschamps from Sherbrooke: love Deschamps game but upside is limited. great shutdown d-men but not much outside of that. Neil has some good upside but not sold on his skating and feet. Also need a lot of work in his own zone and does take too much risk with the puck for my liking. Cannot wait to see Jeremy Roy there next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
It's still a bit early to say Audette won't be a 1st rounder. He has more talent than everyone on this list besides Barbashev. It was quite obvious with Québec U17 that he was a step above most, only Pépin and Aubé-Kubel looked as good/better at times. Audette looked much better with players that could play with him and understand what he was trying to do.

But if we base ourselves on what he did last season, he shouldn't be considered as a 1st rounder.
i don't want to sound like an Audette basher, not denying his skll level but he's 5'8 so he better have 90+pts this season to have any chance to go in the top2 round. i didn't really care about his production as a 16yo, i just didn't like his attitude on the ice, trying to do much by himself a lot of time. need to get better without the puck too. Still think he goes top4 round anyway which is still good for any undersized player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
How do you guys compare the top 3 of next year with previous drafts?
not as good as this yr thats for sure, the top 3 right now look like Nylander/Reinhart/Ekblad. all 3 of them have some flaws, Nylander is an amazing talent but he need to trust his teammates more, Reinhart need to be dominant offensively next season & Ekblad need to cut down on mental error & improved his decision making. none of those guys jump at you like a MacKinnon or Jones as a futur super stars for the moment..

Last edited by JeromeHP: 07-08-2013 at 11:08 PM.