View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 11:19 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
I love Coburn, and what he's given for this franchise.

But...

When I watch the Blackhawks play, the Bruins, the Red Wings, etc. they have relatively unknown, relatively unspectacular defensemen playing big minutes, and having success doing so. It's been a while since Coburn's been the guy for this team. I wish he were. I really wish he were because I'm scared to death of the player he could be for another franchise. I don't want to hand some other franchise another Seidenberg, who immediately gets his **** together upon shipping out of Philadelphia. Or a Pitkanen, who just needed our media to eff off. We do, however, need a better class of defensemen than what we have today because as of right now we're treading on Flyers circa '00 when McGillis, and Weinrich were thought of as competent defensemen. We need better to be competitive, and because of the economics of today's NHL that means we need to develop those guys on our lonesome. Otherwise, we're sniffing around the league for scraps (e.g. Meszaros, and Carle) that can't be counted on for ****.
Keith, Seabrook, hjalmarsson, rosival, oduya, leddy, chara, seidenberg, boychuck, ference

Yeah what a bunch of no namers

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote