View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 05:20 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyhauntswizards View Post
The thing that makes me question all this BS that this team is "so soft and not physical" all of a sudden, is that I truly believe Torts preached less toughness this season. You can see it with Haley and Mashinter, specifically. Haley comes in and starts hitting everyone and then gets in a fight and demolishes Chris Phillips. What after that? I barely heard his name after that fight.....Same with Mashinter. Guy was a ****ing monster in Hartford (out of nowhere I might add) and he was brought up to be a 4th liner. He HAS played in the NHL before so I really find it hard to believe a 4th liner just **** the bed in his Rangers debut.....You could see it in some of the players, there's NO WAY Cally would've let McD get railed like he did by Pacioretty......and I also find it hard to believe Asham started playing like a Lady Byng winner when he got to NYR by coincidence. He had like what 6 fights? The venom was almost sucked from this team entirely, and I just have a hard time believing it was a coincidence (although the constant roster turnover could play a part). Maybe Torts preached no retaliation because he had no faith in our PK? I could certainly see him doing that........

P.S. It certainly wont hurt to have Ulf "Kneeme" Samuelsson behind the bench preaching crease clearing and hitting...

P.S.S Think for a second..........would we really be having a pity party about our toughness if Toronto had won that game 7 and we faced them instead?
Haley and Mashinter not getting enough ice time showed you Torts was a bad coach who either did not understand their value or was sabotaging the team?

If Mashinter had lost that fight would he be less valuable?

If they are valuable, some smarter organization will have them playing real minutes real soon. Haley couldn't even stick on an Islanders roster that has more openings than most.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote