View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 07:45 AM
WG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
see below...

very poor signing unless MB is committed to making a trade involving one of or both of Gionta/DD... and in that case, unless the return is a considerable roster upgrade, hard to see the point in swapping out the known (DD/Gionta, who for their warts, at least we know are great competitors & well liked in the dressing room) for the unknown (injury-riddled, aging Briere coming off of career worst season).

hopefully, as the summer plays out, there will be a visible method to the madness of this move, otherwise cue the:

"it's easy complain about briere signing flaming out and blowing up in our face IN HINDSIGHT"
I know you are looking for some glimmer of hope but I'll bet you would agree with me anyway. It doesn't matter if Bergevin turns around and trades DD and Gionta for Lucic tomorrow. That still doesn't make the DB signing any more wise. If clearing out one or more of the smaller players is part of the plan then do that, but such a move certainly does not have to be predicated on acquiring another similar player first.

WG is offline   Reply With Quote