View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I personally don't believe your argument is relevant, Subban is not Myers, he is dominating because he wants to dominate, not because he wants a bigger paycheck.

The bottom line is we are saving 3 million a tear this year, and will lose 4 million a year for 4'years after that. Add in the Desharnais contract and we see that Bergevin has created an 8 million dollar deficit.

Bergevin was very clear, he did not know for sure if Subban was a goodpplayer. Neither was the Montreal media and fanbase that ranked him as the 6th best has dman and compared him to del zotto and kulikov.

Last year, i was among a minority of Habs fan that stated that Subban and not Markov would be number 1 d. We were right, by a massive margin.

Subban naysayers should just eat their crow.
You don't know what really motivates Subban, you're just guessing there.

Subban got a bit of humble pie last yaer with the team still winning with him out and I think it drove him to get better and conform to being a much better team player.

We would ahve saved having him signed for 4-5 years, probably around 5 mil instead of 7 mil, but there is no guarantee he reaches his full putential if he gets a big contract before last year. Plus, the difference is only 2 mil on an incraesing cap. The Habs cap problems were for 2013-2014, not beyond that, so that's another factor.