View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 08:39 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I personally don't believe your argument is relevant, Subban is not Myers, he is dominating because he wants to dominate, not because he wants a bigger paycheck.

The bottom line is we are saving 3 million a tear this year, and will lose 4 million a year for 4'years after that. Add in the Desharnais contract and we see that Bergevin has created an 8 million dollar deficit.

Bergevin was very clear, he did not know for sure if Subban was a goodpplayer. Neither was the Montreal media and fanbase that ranked him as the 6th best has dman and compared him to del zotto and kulikov.

Last year, i was among a minority of Habs fan that stated that Subban and not Markov would be number 1 d. We were right, by a massive margin.

Subban naysayers should just eat their crow.
How exactly are they losing 4 million a year for 4 years after that? If Subban wasn't the one making that money, somebody else would be.

I'm of the opinion that it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things if MB had signed Subban to a long term deal this year or 2 years from now.

Just because you 'save' money on a certain player's contract, doesn't mean the money saved will be used wisely elsewhere. There's a misconception that 'money saved' = money well invested. That's not true.