View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 09:34 AM
NWShark*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Whether it's two or one, it makes no difference when you're comparing it to a team with zero. I'd take what the Canes have done over the last ten years over what the Sharks have done in the same time frame in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even think twice about it. I can't see a reasonable argument against that because again sports is about championships, not your win-loss record.
I'm looking at it from a fans point of view. I would much rather watch the sharks over the last 20 years than the canes over the last 30...

Here's the real deal. THere is luck involved in winning a cup. I would rather have a chance every year to win it instead of basically hoping for the stars to align once in 34 years... the difference between Carolina and the sharks? Carolina plays lotto and happened to win once. The sharks are investing intelligently and slowly building their fortune. It may not pay off for them anytime soon but the have a pretty enjoyable life while also having a shot at the brass ring every year. The more chances you have the better your odds.

But go ahead, feel free to think trading corner stone players away is somehow helpful.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 07-09-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: flaming