View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 09:58 AM
cobra427

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
I feel like the players that the front office is looking at right now are players that we are/should be familiar with.

Vern Fiddler goes against the "getting younger" thought, but he covers wing or center and PKs. It's not technically within division, but I feel as if though we could entertain that type of trade using Klesla for Fiddler and one of the Stars prospects on D. Just a thought of a player that I would like to return.

Can't see much else than a cheap roster signing on a two-way deal over the prospect development camp time. Once we hit Friday, we will get a feel for how the roster shakes out. Depending on development or non-development, we'll get a clearer picture of who we can afford to jettison if bigger deals are to come.

Night all...
While I like Fidler, I don't see us giving up Klesla for a 4th line player. Klesla is a top 4 D men and should return us a top 6 forward in a trade. I still see us signing a top 6 UFA or trading our D depth for a top 6 forward. If it does not happen now, it will happen before training camp, or maybe 20-30 games into the season. I think DM will be smart to be patient to get the right guy/right fit.

No need to do anything rash at this point or fill a top 6 hole with stop gaps, like Lombardi/Sullivan. We are in a different position now and the phone is ringing with players that will play here. If you are a 10 year vet with an NMC, what better place to move your family too then Scottsdale? You can leave in the summer and a great place to live during the season. Lots of options coming for DM and the cap shrinking will help too...