07-09-2013, 11:21 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
One 's' in Lindros, DFF.
Guess I won't be in the spelling hall of fame.

Quote:
Lindros was a combination of size & skill that had not been seen before. Statistically, he was one of the greatest of all-time before injuries levelled him off. Lindros was dominant over a 8-9 year period, which included a year off due to injury. This doesn't even include his representation at the international level, which was pretty stellar for one of the world's greatest hockey nations.

There are players that you know when they're on he ice; today that's guys like Crosby, Malkin & Ovechkin... there aren't many. The only player better over the entire decade of the 90's was Jagr. And, as many have mentioned, the HHoF selection committee already called Neely and Bure to the Hall, so Lindros will make it in eventually.

I don't know if it will be this year due to some burned bridges within the hockey community, but he has been making amends and will be selected for the HHoF soon enough.
All good arguments and it wouldn't surprise me if he makes the Hall (especially after taking Neely and Bure into consideration, which I wasn't before). But like I said, I wouldn't vote for him.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote