View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I'm not even gonna address the ignorance of comparing Briere to Vinny a couple posts back but how exactly are they overpaying for these guys? Emery came very cheap and if you have paid any attention to some of the other signings recently you wouldn't be calling Vinny's contract an overpayment. Streit is right on par with the kinda money other UFAs are getting. The only thing anyone could argue about these deals is length of contract but certainly not the money. In short, to say "overpay" is just flat out dumb, I'm sorry.

The Flyers added the best d-man, forward and goalie available this off-season for less then the cost of Bryz and Briere. They didn't lose any of the young guys or core pieces in the process and are comfortably under the cap by putting Pronger on LTIR or moving injury riddled Mez when he finally gets healthy. They also aren't any cap concerns in the immediate future. Holmgren so far has had a very good off-season, arguing otherwise just makes you look ill-informed. But that comes as no surprise as the majority of fans on this site are ill-informed of the Flyers situation (mostly cap related).
Well stated.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote