View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 12:07 PM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
I think he will make the team. People are over rating Belov, there is a reason he is 26 and never played in the NHL.

Smid-Petry
Ference-J Schultz
N Schultz-Klefbom
Larsen/belov
Yep, it's called playing at home in the KHL (and by all accounts being one of the best D in that league last season) before finally deciding that he wants to play in the NHL instead.

What an uninformed comment this is...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...193311931.html

Quote:
Last week the Edmonton Oilers agreed to terms with Anton Belov, a 26-year-old Russian defenseman who spent the last five seasons with Avangard Omsk in the KHL.

Belov is the CSKA Youth Academy alumnus, who has become arguably the best defenseman in the KHL. Having achieved everything he could in the KHL, according to Belov himself, he decided it was time for the NHL.

It was about a year and a half ago that Belov realized he was ready for the NHL, the player told R-Sport.

“A lot of factors influenced that decision. First of all, it is a dream. The rest are just secondary reasons. Last year I stayed with Avangard, and I don’t regret it… I gained a lot of experience. And I realize that if it’s time to go to the NHL, then the time is now or never.”

Start watching at 2:50 here...

Last edited by McBooya42: 07-09-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: edited to prove the point.
McBooya42 is online now   Reply With Quote