View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 12:35 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
LOL @ being lucky to win a Cup. There is luck involved, but it's equal for every team.

The Hawks won the cup because of hard work, dedication, and talent. Luck is only 1% of it.
Exactly. Nobody wants to talk about how "lucky" the teams were that lost to the Hawks along the way. And if you believe luck was/is a big part of it...I don't know a nice way of putting it, but it's a disgrace to the accomplishment of winning the Cup. It's nihalistic...everything just happens and some people come out lucky, some don't. I'd put a ****ing bullet in my head if I actually believed that crap. If you aren't moving forward, you're standing still. Ever listen to these guys talk? All of them are ALWAYS talking about getting better as the key to their winning. Working harder to get better, to be better and ultimately prevail. That's why some of us have so much confidence in them. It isn't complex. Anyone can see a lot of talent there, but it's the attitude and work ethic that makes you feel like they can and will keep winning Cups. Maybe a similar team will come along at some point. It is certainly possible. I'll still take the Hawks against them any day, but I don't see anything like that brewing right now.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote