View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I don't know what they will do. They could win 3 more in the Toews/Kane era, or they could not win another. Those of us old enough to remember the 85 Bears - we never would have thought that was going to be it. They were such an explosive and young team.
This team's won a second one, though. Getting that second one (let alone in so short of a time period) is the hardest one in a lot of ways. At this point you're almost playing with house money, and this group is also that much more confident and full of that much more swagger now. Getting that second title is the big hump to get over.

Not disagreeing with your point, just illustrating the Hawks have moved past the "this is it" phase in only getting one title and being disappointed; they got that illusive second one that puts them in fairly rare air in modern sports and thus takes all bets off for them. Anyrhjng can happen because there is little precedent for this.

Winning a Cup is a downright ***** to accomplish, but I would be genuinely surprised if this group doesn't pull off at least one more. I'd put money down on the over. Not guaranteeing it, but I'm confident in what this group can do. They're already in a pretty special place having won two in such short order.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote