View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I think Buch is getting overrated because someone said that he was considered as a potential first round pick. Two points on that: 1) half the draftees in the third round at one point were considered as potential first rounders; 2) players who collapse are usually bad bets; 3) if you are worth a first rounder, you won't last to the third round just because you are Russia. You might drop a half dozen to a dozen spots, but not two full rounds.
Respectfully I disagree with that. Cherepanov could have been a 1st or 2nd overall with this talent. He dropped to us at 17 because of the Russian factor. Thats a lot more than 6 spots for a potential ELITE, game breaking talent. Maybe not 100+ points Malkin talent, but certainly 70-80 point talent (IMO).

I think Buchenvich may have been a potential LATE first rounder early 2nd rounder. Its not like the kid was going to be a top 10 pick. Duclair IIRC was the one who was mentioned in the top 10 at one point.