View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Trade and Proposals Thread XXXVI: MacT, send more help!

Few quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
People set their personal expectations too high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
the only conceivable way i can see us NOT finishing in the bottom 10 again is if more than one of the kids goes super-nova.... it would take something like RNH putting up 80+ points AND yakupov scoring 40+ goals.... even if hall has another season like he did this year (which was amazing btw, i don't know if we've been talking enough about just how good he was), without very large improvements by a couple other kids, we don't even get a *sniff* at the playoffs.... pretty sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Oh yeah, making moves to challenge for the playoffs after half decade picking in top 10. Outrageous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
That's not what I meant at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
It's too much to expect a team that has been in the basement for 1/2 a decade to get out of the basement? Are you ****ing kidding me? This team has not made a substantial improvement to their roster from one season to the next in YEARS. You are conditioned to the worst franchise ever. Donno how you can excuse it. MacT talked big and failed. No surprise there. We hired a GM with no experience and did not conduct a single interview for the job. Joke of an organization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
Oh yeah, wanting to finish out of the bottom ten is too demanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Actually I think having this glut of LHD's all of whom are defense first guys makes Smid expendable at some point.

I don't understand why some are so attached to Smid, highly overrated Dman. Sure, he has a lot of heart, is a good team guy and is great at blocking shots but everything else about his game is mediocre. Questionable hockey sense, below average puckmover and little offense to speak of. Also, he's not really that physical.
I would deal him in a second for some center help if it meant bringing in somebody like Couturier or Schenn.

Petry i feel has a lot of room to grow. He showed flashes of great potential last season, moves the puck very well, is a great skater and really ramped up the physicality last season. Plus he's a RHD which we have a big shortage of after him and Schultz so i would deal Smid before Petry if it came down to dealing one of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Oh I agree we shouldn't be counting on our prospects to come in and take his place, my opinion is that whether that does or does not happen, we should dump him because he is not a top pairing guy and he is not a bottom pairing guy.
We have Ference smid klefbom Schultz as possible second pairing guys already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Our problem is the collasal failure in the inani
Quote:
Originally Posted by nye View Post
Good for Zack.
Continue here