Thread: HHoF Poll
View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
And honestly I dont really know. What I do know is that Womens Hockey is considered a Sub-Category if you will, however, with only 4 players in total being inducted each year, 2 Builders & 1 On-Ice Official, not sure what to make of it as clearly it seems capped "overall", sub-category or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Everything I've read indicates they are evaluated separately.
I see.

So if they are truly seperate (I'm not a huge fan of them pushing a sport no one is watching either) then how can they not figure out a 4th NHLer? I often wonder in that room what they are thinking. Is Rob Blake going to be all of the sudden a legit HHOFer next year? It isn't as if there were too many first time eligible players here and Blake just got knocked out because of a numbers game. It reminds me of 2010. Dino is the only one inducted. Somehow Oates and Gilmour didn't belong but one year later they did? In my opinion you are either a HHOFer or you aren't. If you are, and all the backlog of players had better careers than you then I can understand why you may have to wait. But if there was an opening all I can say is what is the argument for Blake waiting? Is there anyone here who doesn't see him as a HHOFer?

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote