View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 07:20 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Part of the problem IMO is that we've become fixated on picking up the "right players", as in we look off players if there's one thing wrong with them.

Can't sign Penner because he likes to induldge in a pancake at every waking minute. Even though he'd help the roster.

Can't sign Jagr (apparently) because he's slow and can't keep up with our speed game. Even though he'd help the roster.

Don't make a serious push for Seguin because he likes to party and didn't dominate the playoffs at age 20. Even though he'd help the roster.

I mean seriously? We should be making hard pushes for all three of the above players, but no, they gotta be the perfect fit in every way, it's just stupid. Beggars can't be choosers.
FTFY

Completely agree, btw. Although when were we bashing Jagr? The only holdup I have with him is that he plays the wrong position. If Eberle can slide over, that's great, and I've heard that he plays on his off-wing anyways, so yeah.

We'd all like Milan Lucic, but it's about time we realized that settling for Kyle Clifford will still make this team better.

EDIT: I'm still on the Penner bandwagon.