View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Canucks fan here. May the peace be with you.

The Oilers want some bigger guys in their top 6. Canucks need more raw skill.

David Booth

Ales Hemsky

You guys will get Booths size. He drives the net hard, gets in the rough areas. Had a 30 goal season with 2 hatricks. Panthers MVP. His cap hit is lower then Hemsky's. The injury issues are a wash.

I've seen so many Canuck fans wanting to boot Booth's ass out of Vancouver, via amnesty, so I get the feeling that he isn't someone we should touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Oilers can do this and in a few years they will get offersheeting for Paajarvi, Hall, RNH, Yak, Klefbom, Schultz from Kings or other teams.
I don't buy this. Even if another team threw an offer sheet at our guy (which by the way, Hall is locked up), first of all our player has to sign it, and second of all we can simply take the hoard of picks that we'd get back if it wasn't an offer we liked.

Besides, we'd be dumb to offer sheet Clifford, I think Oiler fans are so desperate for the 2nd line LW now that they are reaching for fits. David Perron? People were making fun of me for suggesting that but now he's a fit? Clifford? The guy who only had 2 assists in the playoffs and was a healthy scratch during the cup finals in 2011? Sigh.

I'll take Penner or maybe Kulemin because I think he could be cheap, but come on with some of the other suggestions.