View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

vCash: 500
I believe Belov will be given a shot to make the team as the bottom pairing LHD. If he really was rated one of, if not the best D-man in the KHL then one would think that he should be able to handle that kind of role in the NHL soon enough.

And I don't believe that MacT is very confident in N. Schultz as someone else mentioned which is why I think we heard the comments from MacT today about the competition for the lower D spots. We haven't heard diddly from MacT about how we're going to need Schultz to find his game again or we'll be hoping for a rebound or whatever.

Schultz was a top-4 guy before Kruegers' system last year and at $3.5M he just doesn't fit with Ference in the Picture. D-men seem to have some value so maybe MacT is thinking of moving him out and retaining salary if he has to. Or even swapping him along with the #1 pick for a more expensive top pairing guy?

Smid - Petry
Ference - Schultz
Belov - xxx
Potter
Larsen

Question I have is if we get someone like Coburn, does that mean Smid is the guy on his way out?

With Klefbom on the way and hopefully ready to make the jump the following year, like someone else mentioned already, if MacT makes a trade for a top pairing LH puck moving guy, I think Smid is the one that gets moved out.

Ideally it would be nice to get a top pairing RHD as well, but the only guy you could probably get (Myers) isn't worth taking a risk on IMO.

It'll be interesting to see who makes it to free agency next year. The Oil should be able to fill out the roster next off-season...I hope.

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote