View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Arpeggio

vCash: 500
The thing is, the Oilers might be better next year just based on progression from the young guys. I mean if Yakupov, Hall, RNH, Eberle, and MPS all come into the season stronger, faster, and more confident, they could drag this team into playoff contention. If MPS turns into a 20 goal guy, Yakupov, Hall, and Eberle all score 30+, and RNH puts up 70 points, this team is making the playoffs. Hell, if Gagner actually scores 60 points on top of all that, I'd say they're a lock. But it would be nice if they didn't need absolutely everything to go right for once.

As an aside, I could see Paajarvi come out of the gates flying this year, he must see that 5 young guys are carrying this team right now and he's on the verge of getting cut out of that group, I bet he's super motivated to get back into the core of the team.

Edit: For this reason I'd be cool with MPS in the top 6 IF they had a couple of big guys on the third line that could replace him if he doesn't turn out. I don't mind him getting a chance to play on an offensive line, I just think if you do that, the rest of the team has to be a lot bigger and tougher than they are now.