View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Blue Seat Spartan
Permanent Vacation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Maybe to balance out the lines. Excellent two way game.

I want him on the top power play unit. He's so underrated there.
That's quite accurate. I most likely see Callahan as a fixture on the 2A or 2B lines depending on the opponent. His grit, heart, and compete level would make him one of the best third line checking forwards in the NHL but his goal-scoring abilities allow him to assume second line duties. If you're looking for an analog, Mike Keane would be a good comparison.

This also brings me to Carl Hagelin. He has great wheels and compete level, an asset on the forecheck. The biggest question is: does he have first line abilities to score consistently? Sure he had his moments playing with Richards and Gaborik during the 2012 playoffs, but his ceiling is not too high to be a first line regular. Signing Benoit Pouliot could prove to be beneficial to Hagelin as it may very well enable him to maximize his skating and hustle on both ends of the puck, since Pouliot has first line skill - albeit inconsistently - so he gets pegged down to the second line. Which is why Hagelin could thrive on the third line (think of him as a faster version of Jan Erixon or Niklas Sundstrom... possibly Bob Gainey if you're stretching the comparisons)

Blue Seat Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote