View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 09:21 PM
BUX7PHX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
While I like Fidler, I don't see us giving up Klesla for a 4th line player. Klesla is a top 4 D men and should return us a top 6 forward in a trade. I still see us signing a top 6 UFA or trading our D depth for a top 6 forward. If it does not happen now, it will happen before training camp, or maybe 20-30 games into the season. I think DM will be smart to be patient to get the right guy/right fit.

No need to do anything rash at this point or fill a top 6 hole with stop gaps, like Lombardi/Sullivan. We are in a different position now and the phone is ringing with players that will play here. If you are a 10 year vet with an NMC, what better place to move your family too then Scottsdale? You can leave in the summer and a great place to live during the season. Lots of options coming for DM and the cap shrinking will help too...
Klesla averaged the 5th most ice time amongst d-men, though. Our top 4 all averaged above 20 mins, and Klesla averaged 17 and change. Plus, we gave Columbus Upshall and Lepisto, both of whom I would put toward the bottom end of the top 9 forwards or 6 d-men. And Tippett stated in years past that when he needed energy, he would pair Fiddler with players that "needed a little giddyup" in their game. Fiddler and a 2nd for Klesla could be done, and I would take that in a second