View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 09:26 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
For argument's sake, I'd like to hear what your "pretty good" upgrades are.
Yup:

Minesota lost almost all of its secondary scoring with Seto and Cullen leaving. They slightly upgraded their bottom six by swapping Clutterbuck for Cooke and downgraded their d from Gilbert to Ballard. I know a number of people don't want to put too much pressure on Scheifele in scoring role this year, but take a look at the Wild who are going to be reliant on two rookies in Coyle and Granlund to supply almost all of their secondary scoring. Scheifele if he wins the job will at least be insulated to some extent by playing with two proven top 6 wingers the same can't be said about either of the other two.

As has been mentioned Dallas lost a number of good players at the deadline and this summer. They traded arguably their best forward for a younger one who may be better in the future but isn't close right now. As a team they are banking heavily on major bounce back years from the likes of Seguin and Horcoff for them even to be in the mix. They really don't scare me unless Kari plays lights out.

Colorado despite adding Mckinnion is in shambles and I for one haven't bought into the Roy hype. I thought he was overrated as a junior coach and its a whole other ball game in the NHL.

Seeing as they lost one of their best offensive players in Erat last year and are expecting a rookie and an aging player to spear the offense I'm expecting Nashville to be at or near the bottom of the league in GF again next year.

All of the teams above are very beatable.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote