View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 10:07 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Dionne didn't win a Cup. That's not his fault, just like it isn't Lindros' fault. Dionne is still a HOFer.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, Dionne actually has a record of disappointing playoff performances.
first of all I'm bust B's. i didn't say he needed a cup to get in i said he wasn't our best player in the finals that year. it was brindamour. it should've been him. he was at an insane level coming into that series and disappeared. I didn't know everyone took his going into the hall so seriously tho. He was an insanely dominate player for 5 years. but he also played another 5 years after the injuries that paled in comparison. I know it was from injuries but thats still part of his body of work. I'd be more mad that he isn't in the flyers hall of fame now since it was here that he was the best player in the league for a while. he'll get in the hof but they do factor in overall success. and as far as dionne goes, he didn't have success with those crap kings teams but a lot of individual scoring achievements. art ross, lady byng's (ha) and he's up in the top five or so in goals and points. that said, there is definitely some dudes in there that shouldn't be.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote