Old
07-09-2013, 11:28 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Laughton I see with similar offensive output, but with much more impact on the game in other areas. He'll be a two way player who plays with tenacity on the boards and wills his way to win battles. He doesn't have the 'skill' that Brayden has, and that's why he didn't dominate juniors the same way, but I think he will make up for that with his compete level. A guy like Ryan Callahan never dominated juniors, but he carved out an offensive role because of that same compete level.

I guess I'm just not as high on Schenn as most are, but I really think Laughton will be a more important asset in the future.
I guess Ryan Callahan never truly dominated juniors, but he still put up way bigger numbers than Laughton has. He put up 52 goals(3rd in the OHL) and 84 points. He also had two big postseasons of 20+ points. I love Laughton, but I'd love to see you give me an example of any guy that puts up a consistent 50 points(what Callahan has basically become) without ever breaking 75 points in juniors(if he played there). If Laughton played a full season his PPG puts him right around there. I'll look at guys that compare to Laughton and Callahan; hard workers that are good defensively, and not that purely talented but still put up good points. They all put up much better numbers in juniors than Laughton has ever shown.

Ladd: 75 points in his draft year, then a sub-par year, then NHL
Marchand: 80 and 73 points both with less than 60 games played
C. Stewart: 87 and 82 points
Brouwer: 102 points
Simmonds: 75 points
D. Brown: 76 and 73 points
Bolland: 85 and 130 points
Bickell: 83 points
Gallagher: 81, 91, and 77 points
Doan: 94 points
Burrows: 70 points
Ott: 88 and 87 points

I could keep going. My point is, show me a guy who is a consistent 40-50 point player that has a junior resume compared to what Laughton has done so far. I don't think many examples exist, if any.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote