View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 10:28 PM
TeamKidd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=677363

Regarding Strome playing wing or center: I have long compared Strome to Logan Couture and think he should be treated similarly. Like Couture, Strome has gone back and completed his third and 4th seasons in CHL. Then played a handfull of games for his teams AHL affiliate. The following season Couture started the season in the AHL and played about half the season and just dominated. I expect Strome to do the same (start in Bridgeport this year and dominate). Once Couture came up, he got his feet wet playing his first few season on the wing of an established NHL Superstar Joe Thornton. Strome will have an opportunity to do the same. Once PMB gets hospitalized (by December/January) Strome will step in and become JT's winger for a couple of seasons. Then when he's established will go to the 2nd line Center behind JT as a 22 or 23 year old and form a two headed monster up the middle. Ryan Strome is a true center through and through, he will perform best there (eventually), but for his development, the best thing for him is to skate along side #91 for a little while until he can dominate on his own.

As for the chatter about Reinhart being ready. Not a snowballs chance that he makes the Islanders this season. I love that the kid is confident though, that's what you want.
1000% agree on all fronts. I believe that is exactly the plan for Strome. I really dont care if he dominates camp...I want to see him play at least 20 games in the AHL. I want to see him deal with adversity. I want to see how he handles being checked by big dudes. I want to see him work in the corner and excel. I want to see him penalty kill and on the PowerPlay. No reason not to start him in the AHL. To me, those few games last year dont prove anything. I need to see more.

As for Griff. No. He needs to go back to juniors and play top minutes and learn more of the offensive side of the game. Then he'll probably get a year in the AHL before he's ready imo. No need to rush him. In two years we could have 3 or 4 guys knocking on the defense door. Griff, Pulock, Pelech, and mayfield. Outside shot of Pedan. Crazy.