View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 10:42 PM
TeamKidd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Defensively, I easily put him above everyone we have other then Hamonic and Viz.

Keep in mind, I'm not one to push the idea that we should rush prospects. But I do think it's silly to overcook them in certain instances.

I watch Griffin Reinhart, and I see a big body kid with good reach, good anticipation, good positioning and strength. The kid is a really good *defenseman* right now.

I don't see how giving this kid a promotion to the NHL would stunt any offensive upside the kid has in any way shape or form. We have a serious need for a defenseman like Griffin, and we've already got him. It would be silly not to see what we've got in camp, and if he proves good enough defensively.... he should make the team.

JMHO
you dont think he might be a bit of a pylon in the NHL? I mean he's not slow, but hes not fast and the reaction times are sooo drastically shorter in the NHL...i worry it's too big of a jump...and might stunt his growth because i dont want him to be just a defensive defenseman....and he certainly wont get to work on his offense here.