View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Don't you think that at least Eller did enough to warrant first shot though? I mean the guy grew by leaps and bounds last year. And if he does warrant this, then what do we do with Briere?

Even if I accepted your argument about this not hurting our youth (which I don't) I still don't see how this signing is good for our team.

I think people who like the signing are looking at things in a vacuum and saying to themselves that we've added another scorer to our lineup - so it must be good. They don't think about the lack of space that our smaller players already face in the playoffs. They don't think about how we have nobody who goes to the net. THAT was what we really needed. Lshap made a great analogy in the other thread that if we were a football team we'd be all receivers and no linebackers. That's kind of how I feel. No balance on this team whatsoever now. It was bad before and now MB has somehow managed to make it worse. It's not so bad in the regular season but in the playoffs you have to go to the net if you want to win. We don't do this. And even worse, other teams do it to us all the time because we don't have the crease clearing warriors that other teams do.

That's what really kills us.
Personally I do think he has, but obviously MB and the coaching staff don't agree. Or maybe they're concerned how he's going to be (mentally) after his injury.

I watched every minute of our playoffs, and I did take the issue of our lack of size into consideration. Personally, I'm waiting to see what Bergevin's future moves are. If he proceeds (like I feel he will), you will see some larger bodies added to the line up. Which in turn will make the Briere signing make more sense. If he doesn't, then I will pull a 180 degree turn, and be 100% in your corner.

In the meantime, I'm not willing to slam the addition of Briere until I see the whole picture.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote