View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 10:58 PM
BlowbyBlow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
It may not be this season, but it should be before Nurse is ready to be an impact player. The better logical decision would be to trade him for help. But I'm not expecting to change anyone's mind here about that. I realize this is "Hockey's Future" and that most here have hard-ons for prospects above all else.
hockey is a young mans game, teams who build championships build cores. Yes edmonton has a good forward group, but i wouldn't call any d-man on the oilers a top 25 or even 50 dman in the league, petry?, smid?, on a championship team there probably a 4-6 d-man even that.

How about a goaltending you really think there going to win with Dubnyk. This team has so many holes and still does but its because there only success has been drafting.

They can't develop well, they can't attract ufa's, and the horrible trades they have made (see stoll/greene for vishnovsky for whitney trades) Therefore if you get a #2-3 d-man in nurse you take him because you rarely get a d-man gift wrapped like that.