View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 11:13 PM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
It may not be this season, but it should be before Nurse is ready to be an impact player. The better logical decision would be to trade him for help. But I'm not expecting to change anyone's mind here about that. I realize this is "Hockey's Future" and that most here have hard-ons for prospects above all else.
Im not against moving prospects for help.. what I am not interested in is trading away core pieces for help now, we disagree on Nurse as I think the kid will be a stud and is the type of defenceman this team is lacking now and in its system, I think they should probably move some of their prospects like one of Musil, Maracinin or Gernat and some of their forward prospects for help, but I am not interested in trading roster players for a older roster player who is a slight upgrade, frankly I dont think this team should trade for anyone over the age of 26 as they will be past their prime as the Oilers core enters theirs, and older veteran leadership types are fairly easily acquired through FA (Ference). Saying that I am not against trading the 2014 1st rounder but would want a very solid return as I am still very much up in the air as to where the Oilers finish, could be anywhere from 10th to 25th.

This is the core I would build around with a average age of about 21 still about 2 to 3 years from their prime.

RNH
Hall
Eberle
Yak
J. Schultz
Klefbom
Nurse

These are the players I would only trade for a overpayment and should be part of the core still with a average age approx 24. Just starting their prime.

Smid
Petry
Pajaarvi
Gagner