View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Personally I do think he has, but obviously MB and the coaching staff don't agree. Or maybe they're concerned how he's going to be (mentally) after his injury.

I watched every minute of our playoffs, and I did take the issue of our lack of size into consideration. Personally, I'm waiting to see what Bergevin's future moves are. If he proceeds (like I feel he will), you will see some larger bodies added to the line up. Which in turn will make the Briere signing make more sense. If he doesn't, then I will pull a 180 degree turn, and be 100% in your corner.

In the meantime, I'm not willing to slam the addition of Briere until I see the whole picture.
I don't think a lot of people understand the Briere signing. Really, the only reason it makes sense is on the short term. So Bergevin wanted a skilled veteran winger on a short term contract, that's fine, but a small player like Briere? Not sure I get that one.

I'm not one to go all high school teenage girl drama style, so I didn't join in on the hate. I don't think it's as bad as some people are saying. I think he can bring an offensive dimension to our team simply because we don't have good set up guys like him. I can see him do some good next to Plek-MaxPac, or Eller-Gal/Prust.
In any event, I will be pretty upset if DD starts the year yet again with MaxPac.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote