View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 11:26 PM
doubledown99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
Yea a lot of them seem fairly high on Cowen. Makes sense considering he's an RFA, they want to have the guy signed. Also after losing Alfie they really seem to want to lock down what they've got.

In the "Are we still missing something?" thread, which I was reading last night not everyone was so high on Cowen.

The hip surgery is a little scary imo. For a big dman that's supposed to be physical I could see an injury like that really messing with his game. I wouldn't be upset if we targeted Cowen, but he's not the answer we're looking for on D. We need top pairing help if anything, we've got loads of top4/top6 guys right now.
I think you need to watch Cowen more. Sens fans deem him an untouchable and have for a few seasons. He has top pairing potential. And worrying about his hip? The guy came back from it, played in the regular season and playoffs. So no clue why you keep talking about it. Nothing indicates its going to be a recurring problem or that their will be side effects. He also totally destroyed Skinner on a monster hit (in his first few games back) so doubt it impacts his game. He was very physical after his return