View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 12:28 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I wonder if MacT's plan was to move him but now that he's struck out, fumbled, double dribbled, triple bogied, etc. this offseason if he's going to basically bend over and give in to Gagner's demands? This offseason keeps getting uglier and uglier, now we just need to see Gagner with a $5+ million 7 year deal to put the **** cherry on the **** sundae.
Would it really be the end of the world if the Oilers kept this guy and paid him 500K too much? Gagner played really well last season, gets along great with the other young guys, and contrary to the belief that he will never ever be decent on the draw or defensively, he's already had a season where he was 47.6% on the draw and led the team in +/-.

I agree it's looking like Gagner has the team in a bad spot and will use it to make sure he's paid what he likes and can veto any move, at least until his girlfriend finishes her program. I just think there are worse situations that can happen than being forced to hold onto a kid on pace to flirt with a 1000p career.

I just hope it doesn't go to arbitration. Those meetings can sometimes cause problems between a team and player down the road.