View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 11:37 PM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
I was a big advocate for sending Nino back to junior. I was a big advocate for bringing Cizikas up before he was on many peoples radar, and I was a big advocate for bringing up Hamonic when everyone said he wasn't ready.

When they're ready, they will let you know.... and you shouldn't hold them back just because they're a certain age. Not if they're showing they are ready.
I can't argue that logic since I fully agree with the concept.

Here is my dilemma with Reinhart. He is a smart, crease clearing defenceman that is very good defensively in the whl at age 19.

To be a successful defensive defenseman in the NHL as a teenager or twenty year old you need to have filled out, have above average to great mobility and foot speed. excelling at either the physical aspect and/or the offensive part of the game wouldnt hurt either.

Unfortunately for Griff he is a work in progress in all of these areas, he's improving in some of these areas but not passable in NHL level for a 19 year old to get by. To me that is NOT ready for the role he would be needed to fill if he were to make it.