07-09-2013, 11:41 PM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
So who do you trade Nurse for?

MacT tried to trade #7 for Schneider.....what makes you think he didn't try for other players?

It's easy to sit here and say do so and so but these GMs are experts in their fields. Their jobs are not to do something foolish. Also they have short shelf lives so very few will trade productive assets for prospects unless their are extenuating circumstances (salary cap, soon to be ufa, etc). Very few markets would put up with rebuild (even for a season). So again very simple to say do X but you have to wait for right situation.
That's why I said package him up, if necessary. I'm not a GM, so I don't know what's available for what. But I do have reasonable faith in MacT.

I have a ton of faith in Klefbom, Marincin, Musil, Gernat, Fedun, etc.
So I don't see the need for Nurse, and he's going to be a long ways away from having any impact. But if there was nothing decent on the table available for him, even when bundled with PRV or similar asset, then so be it. But I hope this team is making the playoffs before Nurse is even in consideration as a guy to play in the top 4. Going by needs, this team had much bigger needs than another Dman prospect that is years away.