View Single Post
Old
07-09-2013, 11:54 PM
BlowbyBlow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
That's why I said package him up, if necessary. I'm not a GM, so I don't know what's available for what. But I do have reasonable faith in MacT.

I have a ton of faith in Klefbom, Marincin, Musil, Gernat, Fedun, etc.
So I don't see the need for Nurse, and he's going to be a long ways away from having any impact. But if there was nothing decent on the table available for him, even when bundled with PRV or similar asset, then so be it. But I hope this team is making the playoffs before Nurse is even in consideration as a guy to play in the top 4. Going by needs, this team had much bigger needs than another Dman prospect that is years away.
I see your point in many respects, my feeling is that all teams seem to make a defining ufa transaction or trade (take chicago's hossa, and sharp, niemi deals); no need to talk about drafting guys like kane, toews. l.a. got there richards, carter, quick deals. Nonetheless a deal that cost them nothing.

I am not cherry picking but i took 2 forwards and a goalie (because i feel this team is still 2 high end depth forwards and a goalie away from a championship) I think the d-man in the system will progress fine.

Does this team have a Quick/Niemi or some unknown that they have to give little to acquire. Is there a ufa to take them over. Alot of over agers this season Iginla, Alfie, Jagr, Hedjuk. goalies; Thomas? schneider who else? Quite honestly I see free agency as becoming the bin for players other teams don't want. Teams identify cores play that player, and get rid of expendables. That's every team very few "Philly like" teams with moving conveyor belts that move players and thus you can take advantage of them.

Whats the point to make a trade just to make a trade? I seen schneider play in playoff games he hasn't proved ever to me once he is a #1