View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 12:04 AM
BlowbyBlow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
They all had very key vets, too. The Hossa's and Gonchar's helped those teams a lot more than any 22 year old did. Nurse isn't even on the team yet--how you can call him a 'core' player is beyond me.
I chose those 2 teams because those were teams that didn't have a hall of fame - dman leading the way in Lidstrom, or Pronger, Neidermeyer and they didn't have a sakic, forsberg, yzerman type who was going to lead the ship.

i would say gonchar, orpik, scuderi, fedotenko for Pittsburgh, and campbell, hossa niemi for chicago respectively were the guys. With the exception of gonchar and hossa (all star caliber) there wasn't a flurry of guys to show the ropes to the younger guys and they weren't enriched with huge amounts of success either.

face it if your the second d-man pick in arguable the deepest draft of a decade (not me calling that either) and your potentially a #2-3 d man on a team that by default with probably make you the #1 than your the core.

if you took a poll of oilers dman on the roster and on the farm club who would be #1,2,3 ect on the big club in 2-3 years your going to see nurses name come because he has a high ceiling. Arguably behind klefbom, he is the teams #2 d-man so yea i say franchise already. If this team had a keith, seabrook, doughty, ekman larsson, pietrelangelo, karlsson, larsen (nJ) then he wouldn't be considered but that day isn't here yet.