Thread: Some ideas
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Some ideas

If the Kings stay in the hunt for a playoff spot through mid Feb, I say leave the team alone and even add. But if we completely unravel this month, it may be in our best interest to shuffle things around. Give a good look at Guys like Clark, Barney and Rullier. Give Rosa and Ziska a chance to showoff for other teams, since neither will be around if they continue to be midiocre at this level.
It would be time to move some players in order to get the type of player we need (ie. a tough dman, pp help). We have to ask if Modry is really what we want back there. I suggest we keep Lappy and move Ebel, resoning being that Ebel is replaceable and he's reached a peak imo and Lappy's leadership, grit and tenacity are needed more by This team. Plus Ebel must have more trade value because of his age. I would move Miller if a team wished to over pay, and see if Grebs is all that he's cracked up to be.

If the Kings band together and play incredible, than we have to hope for better than a 1st round exit in 4. Do you think THIS team will go farther? Anything can happen. I'm just saying that IF we don't play well then lets do a little house cleaning and find out who is in our future and present or who is not. I think we need to keep Straka and Vis so we have a good chance at keeping Ziggy next year. With the amount we can save with Deader and Allison and not resigning some others, depending on the cba we would have a healthy amount to go out and get some studs. Just some thoughts...