View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Jim Nill mentioned in his press conference today how important it is to have solid centers, defense and goaltending. All three are the weak points of our team, which is why I don't believe we're going anywhere anytime soon unless Craig can pull something out of his ass. The way our team is being built is very worrying to me. Guys like Yakupov, Hall and Eberle are premier players but if I could have a lineup that has say, Nuge - Benn - Sutter down the middle with some 30-40 point guys on the wings I'd take it any day over them. That's just how good teams are built.

Let's see what Craig can do, but I don't like where we're heading. Especially in the new division we will be going into. Look at Ottawa. Spezza - Turris - Zibanejad down the middle, the best defenseman in the league and two fantastic goalies. Not to mention size and grit all around their roster and now Bobby ****ing Ryan. I envy that team. I wish that's how the Oilers were built TBH.

We're stuck with small, skilled forwards, three of our 4 best players being wingers, a dreadful bottom 6, an inconsistent goalie, and an average defense right now. On top of that we suck at drafting and have limited assets to make any moves via trade, now we hear the news that MacT probably isn't going to be able to accomplish much of what he wanted and we will likely be talking about the draft instead of the playoffs yet again this year while Kevin Lowe will still be sliming his way out of our problems. Ugh.

I'm pretty much just really frustrated right now. If it were up to me trading Yak and/or Eberle for some quality depth and size would be in serious consideration at this point.
I wouldn't deal Nail or Eberle, right now I would be offering up Gagner, Paajarvi, our 2014 and 2015 1st round picks as well as our 2nd round picks, and possibly even Smid/Petry/Marincin depending on what's coming back. Those are basically our trading chips with any kind of value. As piss poor as our organization is run/is able to lure key FA's as an opposing GM I'd be salivating at the thought of getting our next 2 first round picks because they could well be top 10 picks.

I'd be fine with another center that doesn't have the offensive abilities of Gagner but who has better defense, faceoff ability, and the ability to cycle the puck extremely well.