View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 05:06 AM
pulverapa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Which SHL/Allsvenskan clubs are most pro-euro competition? You know, which clubs want to create some euro competition like Jokerit wanted for decade? Some Allsvenskan clubs were mentioned, I would like to sum it up.
It is all about economics, really. Especially for Allsvenskan clubs.

In the SHL pretty much all the top clubs have the same opinion. Together they are strong. For now, they don't want to join a European League/KHL but would be extremely interested in participating in a Champions League of Hockey.

Basically I think only Stockholm-based teams would be interested to join such league, because of how hard it is to compete with the other clubs that are not from Stockholm. It is real hard business to get everything to work for a club in Stockholm.

If Djurgården and aik came together and decided that both clubs would be interested in joining KHL, there would be a members voting. I have a hard time seeing Djurgården fans voting for KHL. Aik might get a little better result. It all depends on the economic situation really...

A new club in Stockholm is completely impossible. It would be more likely that a club from Papua New Guinea would get more fans.

pulverapa is offline   Reply With Quote