Old
07-10-2013, 05:59 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You're basically punishing him for not playing long enough, and it's already been determined that that isn't really something to knock someone over, unless you're willing to kick a few players out.
It has been determined by whom? Because you found a couple other players that got in with similar games played? Not the voters, that's for sure, otherwise he would be in (Whaaaa! It's because they don't like him!!!). I'm not punishing him for anything. He played great for parts of ten seasons or whatever, and average to below average for parts of four. He also has a ton of off-ice issues.

Quote:
Bobby Orr is 11th all time in points for Dmen, yet he's still considered the greatest offensive Dman to ever play. He's only 11th because other players put in over double his 657 game career to amass them. Top 25 after playing several seasons as a shell of himself is still really good.
Yes but again, with Bobby Orr he has multiple Hart Trophies and a thousand Norris Trophies and multiple Conn Smythe Trophies. Not to mention he is still #11 even with his low totals and the fact that it was thirty years ago. If Lindros was #11 in points, he'd be in, regardless of his games played.

Quote:
You really don't think a guy who is the 25th best point producer (Out of however many thousand players have come through the ages) over the course of his 760 game career (Definitely an adequate sample size) should be in the HOF? Those are some insanely strict standards.
I guess they are. The HOF should be strict...

Quote:
Edit: Ooooh, Desjardins is 39th and Timonen 48th. For Dman ppg.
Are you saying they should be in HOF? Because I absolutely wouldn't and I love both players.

Quote:
Edit 2: Mike Bossy is a HOFer. He has 8 less games played than Lindros. I'll start writing the HHOF to let them know he needs booting.
???Mike Bossy also has several hundred points more than Eric Lindros. But nevermind you are right. Let Lindros in. My opinion is not valid because you don't agree. He's only in because voters think he is a butthead.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote