View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Degeneration Rex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I can't argue that logic since I fully agree with the concept.

Here is my dilemma with Reinhart. He is a smart, crease clearing defenceman that is very good defensively in the whl at age 19.

To be a successful defensive defenseman in the NHL as a teenager or twenty year old you need to have filled out, have above average to great mobility and foot speed. excelling at either the physical aspect and/or the offensive part of the game wouldnt hurt either.

Unfortunately for Griff he is a work in progress in all of these areas, he's improving in some of these areas but not passable in NHL level for a 19 year old to get by. To me that is NOT ready for the role he would be needed to fill if he were to make it.
Maybe some good news is unless Griff shocks us with improvement in skating as you point out, the D looks fairly set for this fall. As ITM points out, Donovan is ready and a big if-should deHaan finally stay healthy he could come on fast.

Edmonton GM Bob Green said on radio station CHED that if Reinhart comes back the Oil Kings are going to have him run the powerplay and do more offensively. Unless Griff shocks us he might be better off going back to polish up his game.